Fur Care Instructions
Although these fur garments are top quality you still have to make sure that you care for them properly so they will not become damaged. With the right care there is no doubt that your fur pieces will last for generations to come (studies have shown at least 50 years).
Care instructions are as follows:
1. You must use the right hanger! A padded hanger will allow the shoulders of your fur to keep its shape and stay in its original form. (Hangers are for purchase in the "fur collection")
2. You must store your fur garments in a 100% cotton bag to keep dust out of the fur. Cotton is the best option because it allows your fur to breathe and will prevent it from drying out and cracking. Remember during warmer seasons that high temperatures and humidity can destroy your furs extremely and can cause mold so please make sure you store it no higher than 45 degrees Fahrenheit and avoid direct sunlight for long periods of time. (Cotton garment bags are for purchase in the "fur collection")
3. Brush your fur! Yes that's right, although this is no longer a living thing you still have to brush your fur garments to keep it from matting up. (Brushes are for purchase in the "fur collection")
4. If you get caught in light rain or snow, simply shake out the fur and remove as much water as possible. Hang it to dry in a well-ventilated room. Do not use a hairdryer, clothes dryer, or any direct heat on the fur. After it is dry, shake again to fluff the fur.
5. Give your fur space within your closet! Please do not cram your fur garments in the closet with other items, matter of fact its best if nothing is touching it if possible.
6.Avoid using hairspray or applying perfume when wearing your coat. The formulas of most brands contain alcohol which can dry the hides. Any oils in the products may penetrate the fur and eventually become rancid. The odor is nearly impossible to remove.